[VHFcontesting] Sports vs. Radiosports

Ev Tupis w2ev at arrl.net
Fri Sep 3 23:51:23 EDT 2004

>>=== Radio Contests Today ===
>>When it's all over, we are given 30-days to "audit our logs".
>
> Are you trying to imply that people are cheating
> during this period?
>
> Could you explain this to us a bit more?

Hi George,
Nothing that ominous.  I simply point out that in today's contesting world,
there is a 30-day grace-period that should be questioned as to "why?".  Of
course, the answer is "to allow for the submission of paper logs via postal mail."

I believe that this should be revisited as part of an overall re-engineering of
contesting with a 21st century focus.

Ev, W2EV