[VHFcontesting] Sports vs. Radiosports

Alex kr1st at amsat.org
Sat Sep 4 15:59:02 EDT 2004

Phew!

If you're concerned about how folks use a word, just don't use it and
just say what you want to say, even if that takes a few more words. As
you can see, quotation marks do not make things any clearer. Besides,
Ev, quotation marks are used to indicate the alternative meaning of a
word, not the literal meaning. Now that's bickering! Complain about that! :)

Ok, so I understand that you want to make it mandatory to submit
electronic logs in order to make the results available as quickly as
possible, and you're willing to exclude people who have to rely on
technology that is so "5-minutes ago". Heck, half the technology we use
in hamradio is at least from "15 minutes ago".

I don't understand why you insist on being so exclusive to the rest of
world who may not have the same privies as we enjoy. I guess I was
hoping you would put a bit more thought into how you could include folks
who can only submit paper logs. Even at half the average age of the ham
population in the US, I guess I'm part of the old breed.

Besides, you don't have to wait until the rules change to to take
advantage of electronic logging.....simply submit the scores to the 3830
list and you'll get a pretty good idea of what's going on.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com