[VHFcontesting] N5ITO QRV for CONTEST

David Vondrasek n5ito at davidv.net
Tue Sep 7 01:08:52 EDT 2004

This will be the first year to run multi-band with high power on most
bands. Previous events I parked on 2 meters ( single band) with 150 watts
and stacked M^2 - 12's @ 65 feet due to no other antennas and or power. Hey
it got me 1st place for Texas in last years CQ  contest *grin*

Now for more fun and adventure.. Missed the summer contest due to tower
going boom and had to re-roof the house. So, after a year of planing, pain,
LOTS of sweat (texas heat) and tears. the VHF/UHF station is ready I hope.
N5ITO will be QRV for Contest weekend as follows 24/7 the whole contest
with a back up coffee maker on hand. Calling CQ on the 15 minute mark
around the clock with beams moving with the hour hand.
I'll be +/- 10 khz of the calling freq looking for new grids. Hope to work
a lot of new grids this contest and visit with a few of the old ones to.
Good luck to all.

Radio : Yaesu FT-736-R
Towers :  3 each Rohn 25 at various heights

50 Mhz  CW/SSB
M^2 5 element @ 55 feet
160 watts Output
ARR Preamps
1/2" Hardline feed

144.00 Mhz  CW/SSB
Primary Ant: M^2 5WL  17 elements @ 58 feet
#1 Alternate : 4 X 18 KLM @ 40 feet  Full AZ/EL ( do EME contacts count ?)
#2 Alternate : 2 Stacked Loops @ 45 feet
Henry 2002 with 1000+/- watts Output ( Mirage B108G Driver)
AM-6155 with 525 watts output Backup
Mirage 1016B w/ 160 out backup #2
ARR SP144VDG Preamp
7/8" Hardline Feeds

222.00 Mhz  CW/SSB
Primary Ant:  12 EL Long Boom 14.33 dBi @ 52 feet
10 watts  (No Amp in time)
ARR Pre-Amp
1/2" Hardline

432.00 Mhz  CW/SSB
Primary Ant:  M^2  9WL 32 ele @ 58 feet
#1 Alternate : 4  X  M^2 440-18 @ 40 feet  Full AZ/EL ( do EME contacts
count ?)
#2 Alternate:  22 EL Long Boom 17.32 dBi @ 45 feet
Mirage KP-1/440 Pre-amp / ARR 420 Pre-amp
AM-6155 with 450 watts Output
7/8" Hardline feeds.

Dave
N5ITO / EM12 / Grand Prairie, Texas