[VHFcontesting] Switching Power Supplies (opinions)

KA6AMD ka6amd at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 25 21:04:51 EDT 2004

I'm using the MFJ switcher.  I decided to get it after looking at the noise
specs in a QST review.  After a couple of months the switching transistors
died.  I sent it back to MFJ where they replaced them under warranty.
However as part of the repair, they wired the fan on continuous.  So the
power supply is quite a bit noisier than it used to be.  Works fine with a
rig and brick, even in the EME modes.

Erich
KA6AMD