[VHFcontesting] Improving FT-1000 MP / Mk5 / Field

w3sz w3sz at comcast.net
Wed Sep 29 22:28:37 EDT 2004

Hello, All

I suspect that some of you, like me, use the FT1000 MP [or Mk V or Field]
as your IF rig for contests, and find that the strong 'local boys' really
crunch the receiver when they are within 20 KHz or so of your operating
frequency.  They also prevent one from using the noise blanker because of
the spurious responses produced by it under such circumstances when it is
used [or even when it is off, if you have the Mk V].

Inrad is now accepting orders for a 4 KHz roofing filter for the MP series
rigs that should help to alleviate some of these problems.

I wasn't sure everyone who would be interested knew about this, and so I
am posting the information here.

I do not yet have my filter, so I can't report on its effectiveness
first-hand.  However, the reports on the 1000MP mailing list have been
positive.

Here are the URL's
http://www.qth.com/inrad/ and go down the page to "YAESU FT-1000MP & MARK
V ROOFING FILTER"