[VHFcontesting] April 30: 2GHz and Up Contest -

Rick R rick1ds at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:51:55 EDT 2005

From: PATRICK COKER <n6rmj at sbcglobal.net>
San Bernardino Microwave Society 2GHz and Up Contest for 2005

In the spirit of stimulating more activity in the microwave bands, the San
Bernardino Microwave Society (SBMS) members came up with the 2GHz and Up
Contest.

The contest period is April 30 to May 1, and runs for 24 hours.

This contest should encourage activity and level some of the microwave
contest playing field. The contest would involve activity from 2GHz and up,
and center around club activity. Members tally up their scores and add them
up with other members’ scores to make up a Club Score. The final score is
then submitted in one of three categories based on club size.
For the purposes of this contest, you can make up a club of two and call
yourselves whatever you like. (However, we don’t encourage names that may
not appear in print). This is not meant to break up a large club into 25
small clubs, for example, but rather to give isolated stations, roving
groups and others a chance to win in a special category.
For instance, several SBMS members have extensive roving stations on
multiple bands. Should they enter as a separate club or should they be a
part of SBMS? We felt that ordinarily if you are a member of an established
club you should enter under that club name. However, if you are not a
current member of a club, either join one or start your own. Minimum club
size is two members/operators with separate stations. The contest rules
appear below. This is still a very new event and we look forward to your
comments to improve it.

Go to the SBMS Web site for more details:
http://www.ham-radio.com/sbms/club_contest/2GHz_Up_test_2005.pdf

Send entries no later than 30 days after the contest to be considered.
Send contest logs via snail-mail to SBMS Contest Committee, Pat Coker,
N6RMJ, 40916
179th Street, Lancaster CA 93535, USA
Scores will be posted on the SBMS web page. Winners in each of the club
categories (Small, Medium, Large) will receive a certificate, suitable for
framing.