[VHFcontesting] Biat Tee return loss

KA6AMD ka6amd at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 12 21:08:39 EDT 2005

Hello David,

The return loss spec is the essentially the SWR of the bias tee.  This is a
measure of the mismatch of the bias tee with the transmission line you are
using.  10 dB means that the reflection is 10 dB below the incident signal.
10 dB is so-so, 30 dB is pretty good.  I would guess that it is a function
of frequency for the bias tee.

Erich
KA6AMD