[VHFcontesting] Multi-op rovers

Buck Calabro kc2hiz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 15:01:42 EDT 2005

> Sure, the rules let you go create a big
> score by operating this way - but it is
> by no means a good thing for the
> contest.

I don't have any real numbers to go on, so I'll use the number posted
previously.  3 rovers, 2,000 QSOs each.  If 3% of those 6,000 QSOs
were outside the group, that makes 180 QSOs that the group made with
other stations.  That amount of activity ranks the group at about 121
of 712.  Taken ias individuals, 60 QSOs ranks each at about 391 of
712.  Each one did better than 45% of all logs submitted.  My 32 QSOs
only ranks me at 529 of 712.

There's probably some flaw in my reasoning, but on the surface,
ignoring their 'within the group' QSOs and counting only the external
QSOs, it seems they did quite a respectable job of stirring up
activity.  Especially if one considers the number of VHF+ hams in the
grids they drove through...

Respectfully,
  Buck, KC2HIZ/r