[VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling Problem

Radiosporting Fan radiosporting at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 07:39:19 EDT 2005

--- Tree <tree at kkn.net> wrote:
> > The current system has worked very well for me.  I
> don't want to give up
> > the grid square mult system currently in use.
>
> Exactly.  No need to change anything.

Then one of two things must happen:

1. Existing rules must be enforced.  The ARRL rules
are plain as to the goal of their contests.  Submitted
operation that runs contrary to those goals should be
relegated to Checklog status.  End of discussion.

2. In the absence of #1 above, that is a signal to the
participating community that the contest sponsor
doesn't interpret their rules in the same way that you
do (gasp!) and people need to stop complaining and/or
find a different event to participate in.

Ev, W2EV