[VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling

Bob Witte K0NR list at k0nr.com
Sun Aug 7 12:52:49 EDT 2005

Tim K7XC wrote:
> Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 15:17:42 -0000
> From: "T. M." <k7xc at charter.net>
> Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling
> To: <vhfcontesting at contesting.com>
>
> Bob, (and all)
>
> Your statement (as quoted below my comments) cant be any further from the
> truth if you tried...
>
> I started the "Pack Rover" thread due to comments made online by fellow
> Rovers who were thinking of Abandoning ROVER Operations as the Pack Rover
> teams have such a clearly unfair advantage, so why even bother to invest the
> time, energy, and money needed to put on a good effort.
>
> After thinking about it, I decided to finally say something and propose that
> "Pack Rovers" should be in their own category as it is a simple solution to
> such a highly charged political situation. It lets them do what they do and
> traditional Rovers do what we do. No need to change anything else, not one
> other change is needed, or wanted!
  <snip>

  Tim,
  I stand corrected. I went back to the contesting.com archives and
  I agree that your pack rover email was really in response to
  another rover's email, not the VUAC announcement. It came 24 hours
  after the VUAC email was posted and my brain incorrectly connected
  the two. No harm intended (and I think no harm done.)

  I am still left with "how does any of this become actionable?"
  Re-hashing vhf contest rules on this list is an interesting exercise but
  not all that productive (my opinion).

  73,
  Bob K0NR