[VHFcontesting] VHF Contesting: Fixing the Grid Circling

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 8 20:17:23 EDT 2005

I have been monitoring these discussions with great interest.  I wasn't
really interested in getting involved until I saw this post.  Guys, this is
not an option.  We need to be sending more logs in for the contests, not
less.  The sprints are gone and there has been serious discussion about the
UHF contest being next.  I agree that there are some issues with the
contests that need to be resolved but boycotting and not sending in your
logs is not the way to do it.  All that will do is convince the powers that
be at ARRL that there is declining interest in VHF+ contesting and they will
cancel them.

73
Jim W4KXY