[VHFcontesting] ARRL UHF Contest results - KB7DQH/Rover

Eric Smith kb7dqh at donobi.net
Mon Aug 8 23:52:26 EDT 2005

I finally dug thru the log and was able to determine
something of a score.
This time around, I made an effort to concentrate the
majority of my activity on working stations on the
available microwave bands.  A rather large number of folks
made great efforts to get their gear up to some decent
mountaintop locations, one had gear never before in
competition, and I did not want to disappoint them.  As a
result, I could have been in more grids,  spent more time
eeking out DX contacts on the lower bands, but didn't.

But, still managed to work 21 Q's in 4 grids on 222,
                           41        6          432,
                           12        2          903,
                           26        4         1296,
                            6        2         2304,
                            4        2         3456,
                            5        2         5760,
                            5        3        10368.
       654 QSO points, times 25 grids worked plus 5
activated, makes a score of 19,620 total points.  Probably
one of my better efforts in the ARRL UHF test.

Useless additional information:  Fuel consumed, 36 gallons.
Travelled 265 miles between precontest and postcontest
fuelings.  With 124 QSO's, this works out to .4679 QSO's
per mile, or, 2.137 miles per QSO.  74.0377 points total
per mile.

Or, the rover rig got 545 total QSO points per gallon...
 Now there is a way to score rover contest efforts!!!
Eric
KB7DQH