[VHFcontesting] W2EV Plans: The ARRL 10 GHz and Above Contest

Radiosporting Fan radiosporting at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 13 15:47:50 EDT 2005

--- Zack Widup <w9sz at prairienet.org> wrote:

> This year at least for the first weekend of the
> contest it appears most of the ops are going east
> to Lake Erie.

Zack,
I'm planning on going to Skylon Tower, Niagara Falls
Ontario Canada (FN03lc) for Saturday (depending on
weather).  I'll be at the extreme Eastern tip of Lake
Erie at 800 ft AAT (the tower is a lightning rod, with
a public observation deck <g>).

5-watts, 2' dish on 10-GHz.

Let the western Lake Erie crew know to be alert to
weak (2-watts and a dipole) 2m liaison signals on
144.260 -or- be watching on APRS (I'm going to try to
put a symbol on the map when I'm on-site).  See my
soapbox from last year (on the ARRL website):
http://www.arrl.org/contests/soapbox/index.html?con_id=71&call=w2ev

Regards,
Ev, W2EV