[VHFcontesting] [CQ-Contest] What cost and expected benefit to compete?

Jimk8mr@aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sun Aug 14 13:25:03 EDT 2005

If money is an issue, those who really care about a particular contest  ought
to be willing to chip in a modest amount, in proportion to how much the
contest means to them.

I'd never pay to support a WPX contest.  I might contribute a bit  toward an
NAQP fund, and I would and do contribute for out of pocket costs in my  local
state QSO party.

I'm sure there are others for who the reverse would be true.  But I'd  not be
willing to pay an entry fee to send in a WPX log, nor would I expect  someone
who makes a few QSOs in the Ohio QSO Party to send in money.

That said, see you all in the above mentioned Ohio QSO Party, Saturday
August 27, from noon to midnight EDT (1600z to 0400z 8/28).    _www.oqp.us_
(http://www.oqp.us)     for  details

73  -  Jim   K8MR