[VHFcontesting] Pack Rovers meet ARRL contest objectives

Tom Frenaye frenaye at direcway.com
Mon Aug 15 22:37:23 EDT 2005

At 09:40 PM 8/15/2005, n2lbt at n2lbt.com wrote:
>Please, I would no sooner give out my rover strategy than would ND3F
>or W3IY. This is a contest, and just like everyone else, my logs are
>between me and the ARRL and apparently a select few that claim to
>have impartial and private access to them. Maybe you can ask one of
>them.

Actually, maybe you've quite clearly pointed out one of the major differences between VHF/UHF/rover contesting and HF contesting.

I've never been a serious contender in a VHF+ contest so I've never asked a top scorer for a copy of his/her log - I figure I have to do some serious VHF+ station building first before I worry about the details top scorers have learned.

I am more competitive on HF and have asked direct competitors for copies of their logs and I always get a positive response.    I've always done the same for people that ask me for a copy.    On HF we all learn from each other.

Is it really true that log sharing just isn't done between VHF+ competitors?

                    -- Tom