[VHFcontesting] Reply to Jim Forsyth's question

Todd Sprinkmann sprinkies at excel.net
Tue Aug 16 18:58:10 EDT 2005

N6TR -- Tree wrote:
>> Which do you think is more healthy for the contest:
>>
>> 1. Equiping a rover that ends up only working W2SZ.
>>
>> 2. Equiping a rover that works W2SZ and a bunch of other stations?

To which K5TR -- George replied:
> # 2

And Jim AF6O asked:
Here's another one:

Which do you think is more healthy for the contest:

1. Equiping a rover that ends up only working W2SZ.

2. Not equiping a rover at all.

Jim, AF6O

Jim, I'll choose option #2.  The idea of helping a rover station out
and then attaching the condition that said rover must work *only* a
certain station is so repugnant that I would hope the rover would
also choose option #2.  Or say to W2SZ (using your example, not
mine), "Thanks for the equipment, I'll make sure to work you and
everyone else as much as I possibly can."

Option #1 is just wrong.  Can't believe that we're even debating
these matters.  I admire your ability to stand up and say what's on
your mind, Jim, but I believe that an overwhelming majority of the
hams here are against the concept of captive rovering.

Jim, can you tell me why you think Tree's question wasn't worthy
of an answer and that you instead asked yours?

Todd  KC9BQA  EN63ao