[VHFcontesting] rovers, etc

David Erickson erickson+vhf at mddsg.com
Tue Aug 16 20:51:36 EDT 2005

Actually what I find funny about this is both ND3F and W3IY are very open
about their strategies and go to great lengths to help others and provide
tons of information.. W3IY has his own website
(http://users.adelphia.net/~w3iy/) and he has provided my dad and I a
great deal of insight... With the exception of the January contest we have
improved our score everytime we have gone out.  January is just impossible
due to the bad weather that seems to only hit on the contest weekend.  I
recently have gotten to know ND3F over the last few months.  We met for
the first time by accident while on the rove in McConnelsburg, PA in the
June 2005 contest.  He was operating up on the mountain there as qrp
portable.  .  We talked for a few hours that day and since then even more
so since he lives 6 miles from my house.  Then we worked together for the
VHF/UHF/Microwave station for the CARA/PVRC Field Day.

The way I see it that we have alot to learn from eachother and it's in the
spirit of ham radio to share that knowledge with anyone who is interested.

73's
Dave
W3DIO (K3LFO/R Team) - www.k3lfo.org