[VHFcontesting] Captivated circling rovers 10%!

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 18 21:47:00 EDT 2005

Well I never mentioned you by call or name, Im bothered more by the 6's
that go to texas.

Anway with the 2/3 calls I would think there would be twice as many
stations as me out west.
As a rover I would think there is time for you to work your friends and
everyone else too.
Perhaps that is aumish counrty and theres nothing beyond spark gap
generators out there (hi hi)
In a recent contest I worked 700ish qsos,
in that 700 qsos I worked 170 differnt opperators.
The most frequent opperator reached about 50-60 qsos on 6 bands.
Why? he was moving too.
The closest I was to this man during the whole contest?
Perhaps 100 miles and always 2 grid squares away.
So i circled but not in the same orbit.
It worked because we both had yagis on the roof.
I have never made skeds, more than saying the route i intend to take.
I can not predict time spent where because I stop and harvest all that I
can hear.
I often do not reach the end of my desired trek.
Well I never have.

They were in Canada on vancouver island and I dont blamr them for
travelling together.

A modifier could be added that its 10 percent only if you go above 50k
points.

Id sure like minutes to those meetings...

k3uhf