[VHFcontesting] FS: Kenwood TS2000

John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK k9jk73 at msn.com
Fri Aug 19 01:12:30 EDT 2005

> THis makes a great all in one VHF contest package.  Very easy
> to take along the main VHF/UHF bands while you are out grid
> circling or being someone's capative rover. Or buy it for one of
> your capative rovers.

Or maybe a rover could buy it for a Captive Fixed Station.

Ideally, said "captive fixed station" should be in a Grid that the rover typically goes to but the rover is never able to work anyone from that Grid to get that particular multiplier himself even though the rover supplies the Multiplier to many stations...the "captive fixed station" would be required, however, to work no one EXCEPT for the rover to which the fixed station is captive and the rover would stop going to that particular grid since the rover is now assured to get that multiplier himself. The captive fixed station doesn't even have to drive and doesn't need to dedicate the entire weekend to the contest...just be there as the rover reaches new grids.

Of course, the captive fixed station would end up being as mythical as the captive rover.

73, JK

(Yes, I KNOW I should have changed the subject but Sean and Mike would have hit delete. ;- )