[VHFcontesting] VHF Topics

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 21 14:54:04 EDT 2005

sounds as clear as the roving rules.

ISN'T "removing it from being required"  They are dropping the testing
requirement.  The requirement for code/data only band segments remain. The
requirement for having the appropriate license for those segments remain.

> second.  In my opinion, morse code will not go away.  It is still very
much needed for some weak signal qso's particularly on VHF and UHF.  (like
aurora)  the need for it to be competitive in contesting will drive some to
learn the code and become proficient in its use