[VHFcontesting] Radio Options for 144/432 Now that I need a new one

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich ka5cvh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 10:06:03 EDT 2005

On 8/26/05, David Vondrasek <n5ito at davidv.net> wrote:

> Due to a lightening strike and after the station blow up yesterday and a
> talk with the Insurnace it seem I may be getting a new Radio setup thanks to
> Insurnace coverage.

> Kenwood TS-2000

> Yaesu FT-847 Earth Station

> Icom IC-910H

Mike wrote

Ah the joy of dreaming.

I think if I were only looking for bands B&D I would go with the
IC-910H (this assumes the purchase of a second HF rig with A).
If I wanted band A in the same rig as well I'd go with the 847
although I've heard that the HF portion of the radio leaves a bit to
be desired.
And for an all in one and if HF were a key factor in the purchase then
the TS-2000

YMMV

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH