[VHFcontesting] FN55 contest plans

N1BUG paul at n1bug.net
Sat Jan 15 09:57:40 EST 2005

Folks,

I will be around for a bit here and there, handing out
points... but no great effort this time around.  I'm taking
a "breather" from VHF.

Riding on a high of enthusiasm for VHF and contesting, I
decided to take the bull by the horns and tackle my more
challenging technical glitches.  The bull seems to have won
that match!   ;-)

I've downsized from 4 bands to 2  (may be temporary, not
sure of future plans).  2 and 222 are up and running with
high power and good antennas, BUT when QSY'ing to 222 my
frequency may be +/- several KHz from what we agree on and
the error won't be consistent over time. The best idea is
probably for you to call me, even if you have low power.
If the signal is there at all, I will find you!

GL to all!

Paul,  N1BUG  FN55mf