[VHFcontesting] Roving

Bruce Herrick bdh at teleport.com
Sat Jan 22 14:17:01 EST 2005

I am heading out to do a little roving.  For today, I will be heading north
to Cheyenne, WY shortly for my first stop in DN71.

Next will be a short jaunt across the Nebraska line to DN81.

>From there I will head south back to Colorado to DN80, and then over to DN70
and home to Boulder.

Since I live right on the border of DN70 and DM79, I may go a few miles
south to a ridge and pick up a few Qs before quitting for the evening.

Sunday I will start in DM79; then head east to DM89.

A bit further south to DM88, and then west to DM78, should finish out the
day.

Since DM79 is the most populous grid, I will stop there on the way home to
see if there is anyone left to work.  Ditto for DN70.

Bands:

6m - TS690S, 50W to a KB6KQ loop, SSB/CW
2m - IC290H, RFC brick, 170W to a pair of KB6KQ loops, SSB/CW
125cm - TM321, RFC brick, 100W to a KB6KQ loop - FM ONLY, horizontal
polarization
70cm - TR851, RFC brick, 100W to a pair of KB6KQ loops, SSB/CW

I have an HT along and will listen to FM simplex freqs from time to time

Cell:  970.302.5288

Please listen for me!

73,

Bruce WW1M/R