[VHFcontesting] Tom Cook WA2BPE

kentke kentke at infoblvd.net
Thu Jan 27 19:26:41 EST 2005

I attended the viewing of Tom Cook WA2BPE this evening. All the flowers were beatiful and I took time to read the cards on them all. Of course, many were from local friends and some from radio friends from all over.
    Barb ask me to express thanks to all of you who remembered Tom with the lovely arrangements or donations to the Heart association in his name.

I have put in below the announcement  that appeared in our local paper.
Ken KA2LIM

COOK
Thomas A. Age 65, of Corning, NY, died Monday, January 24, 2005, at home
unexpectedly. Tom was born in Corning on March 7, 1939, the son of the late
Richard
and Constance (May) Cook. He married Barbara Bowne on April 26, 1969 in
Corning, at Christ Episcopal Church. He retired from Corning Inc. after 42
years
of service as a research technologist, and held more than 15 patents in
electronics and wave guides. Tom was a lifelong amateur radio operator
(Ham), was
a member of CARA (Corning Amateur Radio Association), the Hornby Town
Planning Board, and is currently active with the West High Band Aides. He
had much
interest in electronics and computers. He is survived by his wife, Barbara
at home; one daughter, Amanda Cook of Elmira; one son, Matthew Cook of
Mansfield;
one brother, Richard Cook of Corning; his mother-in-law, Rosemary Bowne of
Painted Post; an aunt, Roberta Cushing of Binghamton; several nephews and
cousins.
Calling hours will be held on Thursday, January 27, 2005, from 1-3 and 6-8
p.m. at Phillips Funeral Home & Cremation Service, 17 W. Pulteney St.,
Corning,
NY. Funeral Services will be held at the Christ Episcopal Church, 39 E.
First Street, in Corning on Friday at 1:00 p.m. with Reverend Jorge M.
Gutierrez
officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery, Painted Post. Those
wishing, may make memorial contributions in Thomas's name to the American
Heart Association,
PO Box 3049, Syracuse, NY 13220-3049.