[VHFcontesting] New VHF articles and updates

Tad Danley tad.danley at comcast.net
Sun Jan 30 12:54:43 EST 2005

Jim Worsham wrote:

> Thanks for the kind words Tad.  The guys at W4NH are always working to
> bring more folks into VHF and VHF contesting.  Tad, when are you going
> to come back to Atlanta and work a contest with us again?

Hi Jim, good to hear from you!  I try to keep up with what you guys at
W4NH are doing via your web site.  The Four Landers folks really opened
my eyes to what was possible with the weak signal modes at VHF/UHF.  I
haven't been as active lately as I would like due to two things - we're
in a deed restricted development so I have some small 6 and 2 loop
antennas in the attic with a high local noise level on 6, and in 2004
the contest calendar conflicted with our high power rocketry launches in
Texas.  In 2005 there won't be any conflicts in June or September, so
I'll be on the air somewhere/somehow.

I attended an ARES Skywarn training session recently and a scientist
from the NWS showed us that he was seeing some weather patterns this
winter that he hadn't seen since the 1990s for NTX/OK.  Given that 3 of
the 5 most severe tornados ever recorded anywhere occurred here during
that time, if he turns out to be right you may see me back in Atlanta
sooner rather than later!

--
Tad Danley, K3TD