[VHFcontesting] 2005 CQ WW VHF Contest

John Lindholm w1xx at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 7 09:43:20 EDT 2005

Reminder that the CQ World-Wide VHF Contest is coming up the weekend of July 16 -17, starting at 1800Z on Saturday to 2100Z Sunday.  This is a 6- and 2-meter only contest with world-wide participation.  I'm getting indications of continued increased activity planned by DX stations.  This is a chance for even more modest VHF stations, both DX and stateside, to realistically compete for certificates.  The complete rules are in the June issue of CQ Magazine and on the CQ website www.cq-amateur-radio.com.

Certificates and plaques for winners have been mailed for the 2004 contest.  It was my pleasure to present some of the plaques at the Dayton Hamvention.  Very nice three-color 9 x 12 walnut engraved plaques are again offered in several sponsored categories to the top scorers.

A flurry of activity on 6- and 2-meters makes for a fun contest for all.  Join in the fun!  73!

-- John Lindholm, W1XX, CQ WW VHF Contest Director