[VHFcontesting] FT 897 performance on HF

John Geiger ne0p at lcisp.com
Mon Jul 11 22:52:19 EDT 2005

Hi Ian,

If you thought that the FT897 overloaded on HF, you definitely don't want a
706MKIIG.  I was really disappointed in its receiver.  Of the HF/VHF/UHF
mini rigs, I have found that the FT100D had the best receiver by far.

The only things you can really do to prevent overload is to turn off the
preamp.  If it is still overloaded, turn on the attenunator.  If it still
overloads, give up or buy another rig.  I have done both of those

73s John NE0P