[VHFcontesting] New VUAC

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Fri Jul 29 11:42:37 EDT 2005

     This came to me via the West Gulf Division Newsletter.  The Programs
and Services Committee is the same standing committee to which the Contest
Advisory Committee also reports.  Presumably this means that the CAC will
now no longer be asked to advise on VHF/UHF contesting issues.

     If the VUAC works like the CAC, then it is truly an "advisory" body,
with absolutely no authority to effect change on its own, and will not
even technically be allowed to offer advice on any topic except those
topics for which the Programs & Services Committee has specifically requested
advice.

----- Forwarded message from ARRL Web site <memberlist at www.arrl.org> -----

----- End forwarded message -----

--