[VHFcontesting] VUAC Capabilities

Ward Silver hwardsil at centurytel.net
Fri Jul 29 12:43:34 EDT 2005

> If the VUAC works like the CAC, then it is truly an "advisory" body, with
> absolutely no authority to effect change on its own, and will not even
> technically be
> allowed to offer advice on any topic except those topics for which the
> Programs & Services Committee has specifically requested advice.

It sounds toothless, but the AC's are allowed (and even encouraged) to
suggest topics for study.  In the case of the VUAC, I believe there will be
both directed and suggested topics they can work on.

The ARRL is interested is supporting and growing the VHF+ contesting
community and this is a good step.  Once you find out who your
representative is, you can contact them with ideas.

73, Ward N0AX