[VHFcontesting] W4SHG - June 2005 QSO Party from FM18HK (The Abyss)

Steve Gilmore shg at staffnet.com
Sat Jun 4 09:17:28 EDT 2005

Hello All,

I will be operating from the Stafford, Va. location of FM18HK during this
years June QSO Party.
That's right from the abyss of 63ft ASL a little North of Fredericksburg,
Va. very near I-95.

I will have operational 6 Meters thru 5.7G operating Low Power and will be
on the entire event, I hope.
As long as Murphy stays away I should be able to have the Microwaves a
cooking.

Anyone interested in some MS FSK skeds send me a note. I will probably be
attempting some of the digital modes after 1:00am Eastern Time and before
7:00am Eastern time.

Other than that all of you receiving this message that were just considering
being on the air for event, BE THERE.

Still waiting for Rover schedules, haven't seen any yet :(

Everyone have fun and above all be safe out there rovers ....
For some of us it's not all about winning but some of the great stories
derived from these contests, like guys on the edge trying to whistle CW
(Christophe) or SSB Phone contacts on 5.7G 20 over 9 through the rain when
you can't communicate on 432 (ND3F). Lets see how many more amazing little
events we can find in this years June 2005 QSO Party.

Always Listening
Steve - W4SHG