[VHFcontesting] W4DEX QRV 50 MHz thru 24 GHz

Dexter McIntyre W4DEX dmcintyre at att.net
Fri Jun 10 18:05:55 EDT 2005

As of this moment all gear for 50 MHz thru 24 GHz appears to be
operational.  Since I don't have a 2 1/2 ton truck to carry my
conglomeration of gear I'll be operating the contest from home in
EM95tg.  While not operating 2 meters I will set the dial on 144.260.
Although I doubt 60 meters will be very useful due to all the QRN it
appears we will have this weekend I will monitor channel 2 with the
volume low.

If the radar during the weekend looks like it has for the past week
there will be a good chance of random 10 GHz rain scatter contacts in
areas where there is a fair amount of activity.  So after you work your
skeds make a few random calls in directions there may be a storm.  If
you will have internet access to retrieve radar info you should be using
KØSM's Rain Scatter program.  If you haven't already got it find it here:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~aflowers/rainscatter/

Although only radio liaison is permitted for the contest I will monitor
the MWQSO internet page just in case someone wants to coordinate a 10
GHz rain scatter contact.  Any contact that is made with this method of
liaison will not be logged for the contest.  I just don't want to miss a
good opportunity for a 10 GHz  rain scatter QSO just because of the contest.

MWQSO page:    http://w4dex.com/mwqso/

73, and as W3IY sez "Listen for the weak ones... "

Dex