[VHFcontesting] K3LFO/R June VHF Score

David Erickson erickson+vhf at mddsg.com
Tue Jun 21 09:25:05 EDT 2005

K3LFO/R had a great time out on the roads.  We will have a writeup
probably by the weekend on our website at http://www.k3lfo.org/.  Been a
little busy trying to catch up on yard work and getting ready for field
day.  First time in ummm atleast 15 years for me.. Outta be fun.  Anyhow..
Below is our score.  We probably would have done better but we made close
friends with some tree limbs and had to do some emergency repairs to keep
the antennas on top of the car.  Glad to hear K8GP on the air again this
time.  Sounds like you guys had alot of fun.  Thanks for everyone hanging
in there with us and looking for us in every grid.  Thanks to W3IY/R,
K1RZ, K8GP, W3SO, K3EAR and many more for being out there and keeping
things hoppin.

The highlight of the contest was our contact with W2SZ about 368 miles
away on 6 meters through 903.1 CW.  Took about 8 minutes to complete the
contact on 903 but it was well worth it.  If we had more time, we should
have gone on to 1296 ;-)  Perhaps next time!

This time we activated more grids than we have in the past.  9 grids!
Pretty cool. Alot of driving though...  See ya on the road in September.
If interested we already have pictures up of our rove at
http://www.k3lfo.org/

    6:   61    17
    2:   91    21
  222:   60    15