[VHFcontesting] Transverter Question

Eric Smith kb7dqh at donobi.net
Tue Mar 22 19:13:51 EST 2005

Or, if that is where the rock wants to oscillate, and any
attempt at netting frequency  stalls the oscillator, or,
provides insufficient oscillator output, then "tune for
maximum smoke" and stick a 3x5 card on the IF with the
error in frequency noted and live with it...  BE CAREFUL...
I aligned the rest of an MMT 220 transverter with the
oscillator barely running, and did indeed let the smoke out
of a following amplifier stage, by tuning it to the point
of oscillation.  It now has a metal film resistor with no
paint left on it, but, it still functioned when I got the
real problem ( the weak oscillator) fixed.
Good luck...
Eric
KB7DQH