[VHFcontesting] K1TEO Microwave Sprint

WA2TEO@aol.com WA2TEO at aol.com
Sat May 7 22:31:03 EDT 2005

Lot's of fun while I was on in the sprint today. Good activity which made up
for the poor condx. As has become the theme for the 2005 spring sprints the wx
was poor with strong winds which meant keeping the towers cranked down. I
missed some guys I heard on 144.260 as I just didn't have the time today to stay
around and wait for them to finish up with other skeds. That's a good sign as
it's an indication that the activity was pretty good (except for New England -
only worked 2 other W1's!) . Missed both W4SHG and W3IY in FM08 on 5.7 ghz
though they were both Q5 up here but weren't able to hear my 2w. Good to see
that the mast mounted microwave stuff seems to have survived the winter.....

Totals were

903  12   8
1296 16  11
2304 10  6
3456  6  5
5760  4  3
10g   6   5

       54q's  38 grids

Tnx for the Q's and CU in June!  73, Jeff K1TEO