[VHFcontesting] uWave Sprint and 60 Meters

Dexter McIntyre W4DEX dmcintyre at att.net
Sun May 8 10:32:07 EDT 2005

Propagation wasn't as good as I expected for a nice Spring day but
overall I think the activity level was better than in the past.  Best DX
was K3TUF on 903 and 1296.  Also I was able to log W3IY, W4HSG and K1RZ
on those two bands.  The only contacts on higher bands was with a local,
W4VHH, on 2304 and 3456.

60 meters, channel 2, was used by three stations for liaison.  W4VC,
W8AC and I had the channel to ourselves.  No other activity was heard on
the channel during the entire sprint period.  60 meters seems to be an
excellent liaison band for weak signal activity.  This band would work
great for microwave rain scatter liaison since it can be easily operated
mobile.  Most of my 10 GHz rain scatter contacts were well beyond the
range of 144 MHz.

My thanks to everyone who got on the bands.

Dex