[VHFcontesting] VHF on FD

Shawn MacDonald k2smd at sjra.org
Wed May 25 23:33:47 EDT 2005

I've captained the K2AA FD VHF Station since 95. As stated earlier the yield
on 220 & 432 just isn't worth the effort. I started with boomers on 4 bands
with 150 watts out. Now we use 5 elements on 6 & only 5 elements on 2 meters
with nearly identical results. A triband (6-2-440)vert on top nets 30-50 FM
q's & can be a big help when the SSB gets quiet. Satellites are gonna be
tough this year, but we do that & ATV on 426. It's always fun! Good Luck.
Hope the hear you on FD
Shawn K2SMD (K2AA/FD VHF)