[VHFcontesting] The Informal FD VHF+ Challenge - An Idea

David L. Martin dlmarti at kc2lcf.net
Thu May 26 09:18:01 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 18:26 -0700, Duane - N9DG wrote:
> How about having an informal, low overhead, piggybacked VHF
> "contest" where those groups (or individuals) who participate
> on 6M and up post on this reflector the following:
>
> 1. Club name and location.
> 2. Number of 6M and up Q's per band.
> 3. Section totals per band.
> 4. Grid totals per band.
> 5. Longest DX for each band operated.
> 6. Approximate number of ops.

Since we only have section, call, and freq we could only base the
"score" on just these factors.  Section is not really fair, since the
size or area of a section is not consistent.

I propose:
1 point for each 6m contact,
2 points for each 2m contact,
3 points for each 220 contact, etc.

The multiplier would would be the number of bands you worked a
particular call.  Lets say you worked a particular guy on 6m, 2m, and
70cm  thats 1+2+4=7 points.  You worked him on three bands so the
multiplier is 3 for a total of 21 points.  This would even out the
playing field (a little at least), a promote more bands for Field Day.

Granted this is pretty informal, but could eventually grow to be a
contest within a contest.