[VHFcontesting] FM during the VHF contests?

George Burton k7wwa at saber.net
Sun May 29 20:27:19 EDT 2005

Hi Steve

Granted, most folks operate SSB for contests but yes, there are FM contacts
out there. During the few times that I have operated during contests both as
a rover and portable I was able to add a few extra Q's using FM. In my case
I added the 1.2G transverter this year so  will have both  SSB & FM on that
band but I do not have a 220 SSB station yet. The person who normally brings
that equipment along may not be available this year. I will be using a
tri-band Kenwood FM radio to listen for FM contacts. That way I can continue
to operate SSB while listening for the occasional new FM contact.

George