[VHFcontesting] FM

Tree tree at kkn.net
Mon May 30 14:24:58 EDT 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 12:45:40PM -0500, Ray J wrote:

> I do believe that the only frequency that you can not use is 146.52
> I have not seen any other "outlawed" frequencies...

In the general rules for ARRL VHF contests - there are the following
restrictions:

1.7 Retransmitting either or both signals, or use of repeater frequencies,
is not permitted.

1.7.1 This prohibits use of all repeater frequencies.

1.7.2 Contest participants may not transmit on repeaters or repeater
frequencies for the purpose of soliciting contgacts.

Furthurmore -

1.9 Only recognized FM simplex frequencies may be used, such as 144.90 to
145.00; 146.49, .55, and .58, and 147.42, .45, .48, .51 and .57 on the
2-meter band.

1.9.1 Local-option simplex channels and frequencies adjacent to the above
that do not violate the intent of the above rules, or the spirit and intent
of the band plans as recommended in the ARRL Repeater Directory may be
used for contest purposes.

You can find all of the General Rules for VHF contests at this link:

http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/rules-vhf.pdf

73 Tree N6TR / K7RAT
ABCDE CN85tj