[VHFcontesting] W1RT/R 222 sprint

John D'Ausilio jdausilio at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 14:20:53 EDT 2005

My first sprint .. went pretty well although all my sites with the
exception of FM19 were poor. Started at FM19 on Round Hill west of
Leesburg, moved from there to FM09 at the VA State arboretum which has
decent takeoff but lousy elevation (anyone know any good 09 sites?).
>From there went to an area I had not explored but which looked good on
the map, the Thompson Wildlife Management Area .. turned out to be a
bust, good elevation but way too many trees. Finished in my front
yard, also poor.

40 qsos and 13 grids for 3 1/2 hours (got to FM19 a little late). For
432 I think I'm going to start up on Hogback at FM08us and then work
back through 09 to the 19 site and maybe try and finish at a better 18
site.

73 de w1rt/r