[VHFcontesting] September Rovers

Matt Patterson mattpatt at 1starnet.com
Thu Sep 1 07:58:22 EDT 2005

Is anyone else thinking about not going out this time because of rising gas
prices?  I know I'm considering it.  I don't think I could afford a 750 mile
round trip with gas prices around $3.00/gallon.

Doing a little math...  750 \ by 16mpg (what my truck gets per gallon) =
46.875 gallons of gas needed for the trip

46.875 * $3.00\gallon = $140.63
       @ $4.00\gallon = $187.50!  Analysts are predicting that gas could
reach as high as $4.00 due to Hurricane Katrina.

I may have to cut down my route or just go to a rare grid and park it.  Just
curious what everyone else plans on doing.

73 Matt
W5LL