[VHFcontesting] KC9BQA contest plans from EN63ao

Todd Sprinkmann sprinkies at excel.net
Sun Sep 4 14:36:14 EDT 2005

  I plan on opping all hours of the contest next weekend.  I have 50 thru
1296, with good antennas and height on all bands.

  I've said it here before but I'll say it again... I LOVE rovers.  :)  I am
pleased to hear of several good rover ops that will be within
shouting distance.  I would also encourage any Michigan, Illinois and
Indiana ops to post their contest plans because I hear awfully well in
those directions.  I'm especially interested in knowing which Michigan
rovers will be out and about.  I'm only 10 miles west of Lake Michigan
and it's all downhill from my QTH to the east and south.

  As far as anyone who is considering roving in or near Wisconsin is
concerned, there are several dozen active V/UHF contesters in Badger
Contesters territory.  There are also a handful of well-equipped stations
up in the EN44 area.  They fly under the Chippewa Valley VHF flag.  The
EN44 guys are always readable down here.  K9MU has announced plans
to single-op at the W0UC/W0AIH contest station, so that will be a beacon
type station from the northwest for all to be aware of.

  I'm guardedly optimistic about gas prices heading into the contest.
Nearby month unleaded gas futures dropped 22 cents on Friday.  Reuters
reports that the nation of Kuwait is going to send $500 million in aid to the
US, in the form of oil and other humanitarian aid.

73,
Todd  KC9BQA

PS:  I would appreciate it if Midwestern weak-signal ops and contesters
would read my next post.  It will take only a few minutes of your time.