[VHFcontesting] Thanks from FN55

N1BUG paul at n1bug.net
Mon Sep 12 11:51:21 EDT 2005

For reasons I won't go into, my enthusiasm for VHF has been
severely lacking lately.  I wasn't even going to get on
this weekend, but decided to check the bands Sunday morning
and am glad I did!  It was great hearing so many old
friends, many of whom commented on my recent absence and
encouraged me to get more active.  Thanks!  You've helped
rejuvenate me.  Aurora and better than average tropo were
nice too!

I only wish I had found a reason to get on earlier and that
I had more bands.  For the forseeable future, I'm down to
two bands (2 & 222).  The others (6 & 432) are down for
lack of tower space (you'd have to see the tower to
understand why I can't put more bands on it)

I'm always looking for significant quantity (>70 feet) of
old "TV tower" or such that fits my limited budget.  One of
these days I hope I'll find some and get the other bands
back up and running.  Til then, see you on 2 and 222.

73,
Paul  N1BUG  FN55mf
2m: 1500w, 5.5 wl yagi @ 80'
222: 500w, 6.7 wl yagi @ 85'