[VHFcontesting] N2SLN/M 2m sprint

Alex extraham at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 4 08:20:38 EDT 2006

Lu <n2sln at ascent.net> wrote:

>Can only squeeze in a few minutes of operating time for this sprint...will
>put FN22 on the air 7:00-7:20pm and 10:40-11:00pm near Norwich, NY.  Will be
>running a 150w brick into a loop.

Thanks for posting that. I must have missed the 2m Sprint Sprint announcement.

Definitely point your antennas to the Charleston/North Charleston/Summerville, SC area. We've started a twice a week 2 meter PSK31 net, under leadership of Skip Teller, KH6TY, to explore digital modes on VHF. The goal is to create a state wide net and to increase interest and activity in VHF weak signal work. There's quite a bit of antenna experimenting going on to establish a reliable link between the Charleston area and Culumbia area (which is central in our state).  Skip has a fixed 2x6 stack towards Columbia and a 13B2 on a rotator. Others have installed beams also.

I'll make every effort to be there at 8pm on my stacked loops and a small, 4 element, beam that's unfortunately in a fixed position until I get a chance to install a rotator. It's aimed at 340 degrees, but it has a 3 dB beam width of 60 degrees or so.

73,
--Alex KR1ST (EM92wx)
http://www.kr1st.com