[VHFcontesting] K9JK/R in the 2 Meter Sprint-TONIGHT (EN52, 51, 61, 62)

John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK k9jk73 at msn.com
Tue Apr 4 18:22:14 EDT 2006

K9JK/R will be ROVING around the Chicago area this evening in the 2 meter
Sprint.

Starting at EN52sa, probably for the first half hour to 45 minutes, moving
to EN51sx, planning to be there by 8pm local, and staying for about 20-30
minutes. Will then be mobile through EN52 back to EN51 and hoping to be at
>an EN61 spot (likely EN61ax) by 9pm, staying there for between 15 to 30
minutes before running to EN62ad, another relatively high spot, hoping to
get there before 10pm to catch some Eastern Time Zone folks before THEIR
11pm.

If anyone is on/around/interested, any QSOs would be MOST welcome.

I will be checking the calling frequency, 144.200, regularly and trying to
stick to 144.180 as a "run" frequency. I may also drop down to 144.150 for
CW. I will also be checking the FM part of the band, trying to do that at
the bottom of the hour (7:30, 8:30, 9:30, and if I haven't given up by then,
10:30), most likely 146.55.

73, JK