[VHFcontesting] Rural area Sprinting is a waste of time

Ken Sturgill ws4v at wk4w.com
Tue Apr 4 23:06:58 EDT 2006

Just got done with most boring 4 hours in contesting history. Heard 5
stations, worked 3 and the other two were working the stations calling CQ. I
called at length with no taker. 100 watts, 15 db gain antennas and hilltop
location. Had a great time in the January VHF Sweeps but this will be my
last sprint. So few take an interest in sprints it isn't worth the effort.
If I was in a urban area maybe there would be enough activity to keep my
interest but not here in the backwoods.
73,
Ken, WS4V
EM96