[VHFcontesting] K7RAT Two Meter Spring Sprint

Tree tree at kkn.net
Thu Apr 6 11:35:38 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 09:21:02AM -0500, Mike (KA5CVH) Urich wrote:

> People often times shut up when they hear a distant qso having problems working.
>
> Mike wrote
>
> That's when you go ... "lets go up 3 / 5 / 10" whatever.  If others
> hear you and are wanting to work you they will follow.  Once you work
> those Q's slide back down where you were.

Here is where the QSY rule shines in my opinion.  Let's say you have W7EW
calling CQ on the calling frequency - and W7AT answers him.  You are N6TR
and can't hear W7EW (or have already worked him), but you hear W7AT and
think you can work him.  If W7EW has to go away for a moment, you have a
shot at calling W7AT and working him - all on the calling frequency.

What more typically happens is that W7EW calls CQ again - you go up 5 or 10
and CQ for 10 minutes with no response and W7AT only works one guy.

While typically if a new guy shows up - the "big gun" will QRX - it doesn't
always happen.  Even less so if W7EW can't hear N6TR.

Tree