[VHFcontesting] Anyone for 222.5/223.5 in Sprint?

Bill Burgess ve3cru at rac.ca
Fri Apr 7 16:00:11 EDT 2006

I would like to get involved with the upcoming 222 Sprint next Wednesday.  My 222 tvtrs are not operational presently.  I have 20 watts plus on 223.5 into a K1FO 16 elmt that has worked 600 km last September.  It also worked 414 km s9+ and was still copyable with the Mirage brick turned off and 1.5 watts by W2SZ from FN14ba.

As for the 222, the problem is in interfacing with the 756 ProII.  Still working on it.  Just tried grounding the ptt and hear the relay clicking, but the TX light fails to light.  Am I correct in saying it should light as soon as the keyline is grounded?
It is a new DEMI built from a kit.

432 @ 100 watts looks doable for the following Sprint.

Let me know if you want to try on Wednesday.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU

VE3CRU at rac.ca still valid