[VHFcontesting] using the calling frequency

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 7 19:28:22 EDT 2006

Tree_

You are almost  the only one I hear off the calling freqs on 2 meters  on
ssb during the contests. I move my vfo around when I am not driving and I
get about 5 percent of my qsos of the calling freqs and I get the most qsos
here.  However in pricinple you are right.  However it is just as quick to
exchange grids as it is to arrange a new move off frequency. IE thats what
your suppose to do after making contacts.  On the next contst I will set
the 847 to scan between .170 and .280 and see what comes of it.

frank bechdoldt

At