[VHFcontesting] Where would you send someone new to VHF Contesting

Bob Witte K0NR list at k0nr.com
Sun Apr 9 19:20:57 EDT 2006

Nate,
I have an article on my web site that gives the basics of VHF contesting,
tuned for Colorado.
http://www.k0nr.com/rwitte/vhf_contest.html

73,
Bob K0NR

Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 15:44:58 -0600
From: Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Where would you send someone new to VHF
    contesting?
To: VHFcontesting at contesting.com

So assuming there's a bunch (or a few) new folks around who want to join
in the contest fun this season...

I figured I'd take a look at the official contest website to see what
kind of information I could point them to so they could understand what
is going on, what they need to do, how the scoring works, etc.

Does anyone else find that if you sent someone to this URL:

http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2006/june-vhf.html

That they would likely end up confused or with zero-clue in how to
participate?
  <snip>